This recipe is inspired by a dish I learned from Sylvia Reynoso Gala Culinary Arts school.
It is a good recipe for Christmas dinners. But I changed it a bit . I put almonds and berries in it because my father wanted it. I also removed some ingredients that we did not have.
- Serves :12
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Deboning knife
- Butcher’s knife
- Large bowl
- Food processor (optional)
- Roasting pan
- Chopping board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
1 1/2 k deboned chicken
- 1 cup roasted bell pepper
- 1/4 k ground beef
- 1/2 cup blueberries (or cranberries)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup violet onion
- 1 can of 8 pieces Vienna sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces bread torn into bits
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the marinade:
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Tsp black Pepper
2 Tbsp Calamansi
- In a bowl , mix together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of calamansi juice, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Marinade the deboned chicken for 5 minutes.
- Chop the bread in a food processor. Soak in fresh milk.
- Chop the vienna sausage, blueberries (cranberries), almonds, violet onions, carrot, bell pepper and cheese .
- Mix all the ingredients with the ground beef and eggs.
- Remove the deboned chicken from the marinade.
- Stuff the filling inside the chicken cavity.
1. Pre heat oven for 15 minutes 350F or 175C. Tie the chickens legs together using a twine.
2. Wrap the chicken with foil then tie the add another layer of foil and tie again.
3. Put in pre heated oven and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4. If you want it crunchy add cooking oil on top of chicken after it’s roasted then open it and cook for 45 more minutes.
That’s it for today everyone! Have a very good and delicious Christmas. This is the Junior Chef Signing out.