Goat is a popular dish in some countries like Philippines and Mexico. Goat meat is different from lamb and beef because goat has less fat and is thus good for your diet. The perfect way to cook goat is to boil it with sauce or grill it on low temperature until it is tender.
On 05/13/2012, me, my mom, dad and brother went to the Sunday Market at SM Centris. We bought seafood, vegetables and raw goat.
I crushed 1 whole garlic and chopped 2 onions and sliced 3 potatoes. Grandmother sliced 2 carrots and boiled the goat.
Kalderetang Kambing recipe
1 whole garlic crushed
2 onions chopped
3 sliced potatoes
2 sliced carrots
2 kilos of goat , sliced
400g. tomato sauce
1 sliced bell pepper
1/4 cup cooking oil
- Stir fry garlic in hot oil.
- Add onions and cook until onions are a little brown.
- Wash then drain the goat slices. Add the goat to the sautéed onions and garlic then keep mixing so the goat skin won’t stick to the wok.
- Add tomato sauce, carrots and potatoes.
- Boil until meat and potatoes are tender. Add chili (optional), bell pepper, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
That’s it for today everyone. Adiòs!