I love this recipe because my little sister gets to eat vegetables with her favorite , macaroni and cheese . She wouldn’t believe me when I said it had pumpkin in it!
This is one of the recipes you will find in my book, 123 COOK, available on iTunes. You can buy it here:
300 g. macaroni pasta
100 grams sliced pumpkin
300 g. cheddar cheese
3 tbsp. butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cups water, to boil pumpkin
1/2 cup crunchy bacon bits
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Boil the pumpkin until tender.
- Drain pumpkin and let cool.
- Mash pumpkin, cheese and cheese using fork or food processor. Set aside.
- On a pan on low heat, combine the butter , milk, the mashed pumpkin and cheese mixture, and the parmesan cheese. Let boil for one minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Transfer to plate and add crunchy bacon bits.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.
- You may use any combination of cheeses– cheddar, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan.
- You can use other toppings- ham, bacon, crunchy garlic, pork cracklings, etc.
- This recipe serves 6.