Chicharon is a Filipino word for “pork crackling”. For this dish, it is best to use pork crackling with meat rather than just skin. Green Indian mangoes are preferred for this recipe because it has a subtle sour taste. You may add a small portion of shrimp paste with this pasta dish to give it a more exotic taste. This recipe serves 6.
Ingredients (serves 6)
300 g. fusilli pasta
200 g. pork cracklings (with meat)
1 indian mango , cut into thin strips
1/2 tsp. garlic
6 medium sized tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
a dash of salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Brown the garlic slightly on an oiled pan.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until soft.
4. Mix in the cooked pasta, basil leaves, dash of salt and black pepper.
6. Transfer to a plate and top with mango, pork cracklings and parmesan cheese
Most important of all Enjoy!
For more recipes like this go to: