Chicharon is a Filipino word for “pork crackling”. For this dish, it is best to use pork crackling with meat rather than just skin. Green Indian mangoes are preferred for this recipe because it has a subtle sour taste. You may add a small portion of shrimp paste with this pasta dish to give it a more exotic taste. This recipe serves 6.
Ingredients (serves 6)
300 g. fusilli pasta
200 g. pork cracklings (with meat)
1 indian mango , cut into thin strips
1/2 tsp. garlic
6 medium sized tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
a dash of salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Brown the garlic slightly on an oiled pan.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until soft.
4. Mix in the cooked pasta, basil leaves, dash of salt and black pepper.
6. Transfer to a plate and top with mango, pork cracklings and parmesan cheese
Most important of all Enjoy!
For more recipes like this go to:
My grandmother taught me to cook this dish. It is a delight to eat because it is soft and creamy. I uploaded a video of how I cooked this dish on Youtube. Click below:
Video-Lengua in Mushroom Sauce.
For more recipes , please buy my book at
Buy 1-2-3 COOK by Enrico M. Feria now
1-2-3 COOK – a beginner’s cookbook
Lengua in Mushroom Sauce
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 kg. ox tongue (lengua)
a pot of boiling water
2 tbsp. liquid seasoning
1 tsp. allspice powder
1 tbsp. cooking oil
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 head of garlic, crushed
1 medium sized onion, diced
200 g. button mushrooms
1 can mushroom soup (10 oz.)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Put vinegar and lengua in a pot of boiling water.
2. Cover and let boil for about 1 hour or until the skin bulges. Then turn off the heat and remove the ox tongue. Do not discard the broth.
3. Peel the skin after cooling for about two minutes. You could use butter knife and a fork if it is too hot to handle with your bare hands.
4. Add all spice and liquid seasoning to the broth.
5. Return the peeled ox tongue to the seasoned broth. Let boil for another 30 to 45 minutes, or until there is no more blood.
6. Slice the ox tongue thinly, about 1/4 inch or less.
7. Add oil and butter to a heated pan and saute onion and garlic.
8. Add the ox tongue slices. Cook for about 2 minutes until both sides are brown.
9. Scoop 2 1/2 cups of the broth and pour onto ox tongue slices.
10. Mix in the mushrooms and the can of condensed mushroom soup. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Let boil for 15 minutes.
12. Transfer to a bowl and enjoy!
I just released my new cookbook called 1-2-3 COOK. You can buy it at iTunes.
I wrote this book because I want the world to know that you’re never too young nor too old to follow your dream.
This book lets me share my simple recipes to the world . There are seafood dishes, pasta dishes, meat and vegetable dishes ,and snacks.